Scientific and Clinical Advisory Board (SAB)
Medicortex has a convincing Clinical and Scientific Advisory Board (SAB) with expertise ranging from high level academic research to clinical competence and commercialization of research results in drug development.
- Heikki Rauvala - MD, PhD, Professor. Neuroscience Center, University of Helsinki, Finland. Chairman of the SAB.
- Professor Rauvala has published around 220 frequently cited publications relating to his primary research interests; development, plasticity and regeneration of the central nervous system; injuries of the central nervous system; and behavioral disorders. Dr. Rauvala has been a member of the SAB since 2015.
- Antti Kaipia - MD/PhD, Professor. Chief at the Department of Urology, Tampere University Hospital, Finland.
- Dr. Kaipia is a specialist in surgery and urology. He has vast experience in clinical practices of central hospitals. Dr. Kaipia has been a member of the SAB since 2017.
- Lauri Kangas - PhD, Associate Professor. PharmaScientific Adviser, Chief Scientific Officer (retired), Finland.
- Dr. Kangas has his background in the pharmaceutical industry. He is retired from his latest position as a Chief Scientific Officer (CSO) in a drug development company where he was one of the founders. Currently he is serving as a Scientific Adviser in several new drug development companies in the Turku Region in Finland. Dr. Kangas has been a member of the SAB since 2017.
- Timo Kurki - MD/PhD, Associate Professor. Neuroradiologist, Chief of Medical Imaging, Terveystalo Oy, Finland.
- Dr. Kurki is a specialist in neuroradiology with special interest in diagnostics of brain injury and multiple sclerosis. He is the Chief of Medical Imaging services at Terveystalo Oy, one of the main private clinics in Finland. Dr. Kurki has been a member of the SAB since 2018.
- Risto O. Roine - MD/PhD, Professor in Neurology and Chief Physician, Division of Clinical Neurosciences, University of Turku and Turku University Hospital, Finland.
- Professor Roine has held several chief managerial positions in Neurology, for example, the Chairman of the Division of Clinical Neurosciences at Turku University Hospital. He has served as an Investigator in 40 clinical trials. Additionally, he has published 99 peer-reviewed original articles as well as dozens of reviews and book chapters. He has been a member of the SAB since 2015.
- Markku Tuominen – MD/PhD. Chief Physician and CEO of Medisport Oy, Finland. Chief Medical Officer, Finnish Ice Hockey Association.
- Dr. Tuominen is an experienced physician and key opinion leader in sports injuries. He is a member of the Medical Committee of the International Ice Hockey Federation (IIHF) and is serving as a physician in the Finnish Ice Hockey Federation. Dr. Tuominen has been a member of the SAB since 2018.